Saturday 6 February 2016

It's Official - see you on 7 April!

..or, rather, 8 April - as my flight gets in after midnight!

I've taken the plunge, given my notice at work, and bought the ticket.  I'm coming.

I can't pretend that I'm not a bit scared - it's going to be a bit of an adjustment to move from a city of 2 million to a rural community of a few hundred!  I don't have a job lined up, and I've pretty much forgotten how Canada works.  The longest I've been in Canada since 1999 is 17 days.  

I do know there are some things I'll struggle to get used to - things that, if I'm honest, I think work better in the UK.  Little things.  Things like having the price you see being the price you pay (not having to add tax at the checkout) - and being able to use your debit card for free.  I counted yesterday - I used my debit card 7 times.  That'll get expensive in Canada...!

Things that I will very easily get used to?  Seeing my parents every day.  Seeing my brothers regularly.  Walks on the beach whenever I want them.  Snow.  Summer.  Community.

Now... how soon should I start packing?

No comments:

Post a Comment